Step 1: Register
Step 2: Complete student agreement and review course materials
Course Documents and Materials
Introduction to REM/Design – online
This one-day, online class introduces the participant to the use of the Residential Energy Analysis and Rating Software REM/Design™. The trainee will learn how to enter and calculate cooling, heating, hot water, lighting and appliance energy loads, and consumption and costs for single-family homes.
New students must complete and sign the Student Participation Agreement.
Please read the OTI Student Handbook and email Drew Sizemore with any questions or accommodation requests.
Reference Materials required for course participation:
- Current version of the Oregon Housing and Community Services (OHCS) Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) REM/Design™ Technical Policies
- Current version of the OHCS Low Income WAP Field Guide & Standards
- Current version of the OHCS WAP Single Family/Manufactured Home Energy Audit Protocol
- Current version of the OHCS Wx Annual EIA Utility Rates Update Memo
- Additional information can be found on the State of Oregon Weatherization Training & Technical Assistance webpage.
OTI currently provides trainings using the Zoom platform. For a more detailed list of requirements for using the Zoom system, please visit their support page.
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless- with a minimum bandwidth of 1.0Mbps/600kbps (up/down)
- Speakers and a microphone
- Webcam or HD webcam
Please have the current version of REM/Design™ (per OHCS Wx Memo) installed, operational, and ready to use during the class.
- It is recommended, though not required, to have a second monitor installed, operational, and ready to use during the class.